Saturday, August 23, 2008

A Painting Disaster

Last weekend we picked out some paint colors. One was called "Foreshadow" by Olympic Paints, and the other was "Gray Mare". We started painting last night (see post below) and it looked fine. This morning Andrew and I headed over to the house separately (so we could leave separately or run errands separately) and when I arrived he had already gone to pick up some bagels.

Imagine my surprise as I walked into a PURPLE room! And not like a cute purple, but the purple gray of diseased flesh. Yum. It was so disgusting, that I immediately ran to the restroom and vomited. Yes, the paint color made me vomit. Not exactly a good reaction to your new living room.

You can't tell, but this was it:


To prevent me from vomiting again, we quickly hurried to Lowes and picked up a couple of new colors. I am not in love with them, but Andrew is, so I compromised to make up for the purple puke.

Silver Spoon (by Olympic - which, BTW, is not the best paint). We also painted the dining room a darker gray (name is escaping me right now). We are only painting the top half of the dining room and we will paint the bottom half white.



The dining room by itself (Uncle Art and Auntie Annie stopped by a little to help paint...the smudge on the bottom half was Uncle Art getting too excited) :



Andrew almost had a vomit moment himself when he saw me testing out these two colors in the front guest room:


I also tested out a couple of yellow colors for our master bedroom. If you remember, I wanted to do yellow, black, and white.



Any votes on which yellow?

It's Andrew's birthday today, and we are heading out to sushi! With a coupon of course. :)

1 comment:

Benjamin Moore lover said...

I wanted to make you aware of myperfectcolor.com untill now if someone wanted to sample a color they would have to either buy a quart or choose from limited color choices available in jars or pouches. As a third generation paint store in NJ we got tired of this so we invented a pint size can for any color. We also can make any color from that we match from any brand using Benjamin Moore paints. We ship all samples to your door fast. when you get a chance please check us out. www.myperfectcolor.com

Here are some of the brands you can see on www.MyPerfectColor.com

I thought this fits into your spot on "paint style"

Behr™
Benjamin Moore™
C2™
Cabot™
California Paints™
Color Guild™
Color Your World™
Coronado Paints™
Devine Color™
Devoe & Fuller™
Disney™
Donald Kaufman™
Dulux™
Dunn Edwards™
Duron™
Dutch Boy™
Eddie Bauer™
Finnaren & Haley™
Fuller OBrien™
Glidden™
ICI™
Janovic™
Kelly Moore™
Laura Ashley™
Martha Stewart™
Martin Senour Paints™
Pittsburgh Paints™
Porter Paints™
Pratt & Lambert™
Premier Paints™
Ralph Lauren™
Restoration Hardware™
Sears™
Sherwin Williams™
Sico™
True Value™
Valspar™
Walmart™
Waverly™