Friday, August 1, 2008

Our New Bed

We bit the bullet and bought the Quincy bed from Ethan Allen. I don't think I have ever been the owner of an actual bed before. Just a frame and an ugly headboard. Then when I went to college, I couldn't afford a headboard. Now we are on a mattress on the floor! So I think we are due for a bed.

We did complain about the price to the salesperson. He replied back, "Well think about it this way. You probably wouldn't think twice about spending $30k on a car would you?" To which I responded, "You really don't know us. We just amortized the cost of the bed over the next 10 years and are buying it because we figured out that it was 50 cents a day and we could find something to cut out of our lifestyle to pay for it!"

I mean, please. I carpool with two crazy people just because I refuse to buy a new car and refuse to pay for a tank of gas a week.

The bed should arrive at the end of August.

No comments: